One of the most difficult things some of us may encounter is the realization that sometimes we need to ask for help. It is okay to not feel okay and to reach out for support, empathy, and answers. With that comes another realization: that the friends, family members, and other individuals who you may reach out to, may not be equipped to provide you with the necessary help you are in need of.
May is Mental Health Awareness month. It was established in 1949 by Mental Health America, a group that was founded in 1909. This month serves the purpose of bringing awareness to the millions of Americans who are suffering. The aim is to combat stigma, educate, advocate, and support. To do our part, we want to bring forth resources that may help you or a loved one who may be enduring this agony.
At Realm of Caring, we are not medical professionals nor clinically trained to advise one through their mental health illness. However, we care. We are here to help you find resources. We are also here to support if you are utilizing cannabinoid therapy to bring symptomatic relief, whether that relief is needed psychologically or physically. Those of us who suffer are well aware, mental health illnesses go far beyond affecting mood, physical symptoms may also be witnessed.
Physical and psychological disorders can be cyclically linked, to mean that one may influence the other, repeatedly. This is where cannabinoid therapy may have some potential to provide relief. For example, the cannabinoid, cannabidiol (CBD) has the ability to modulate. From allowing your body to use the serotonin your brain creates more efficiently to reducing pain, a CBD-based product may be beneficial for you to supplement mental health recovery.
Sometimes we need more help, though, in additional aspects of life beyond what cannabinoids and Care Specialists at Realm of Caring may provide. Talking to a professional who specializes in counseling, nutrition, or physical health is highly encouraged as so many instances can affect our mental well-being. We have listed below some resources that may be helpful in getting started on your mental health recovery journey. There are also research articles to hopefully help bring about an understanding of the various therapies and tools that may provide relief. If you have more information that has helped you, please share with us. We are always looking for ways to benefit our community. We are here for you.
- Help for Mental Illnesses
- Looking after you Mental Health
- Find a Therapist who specializes in anxiety, depression, OCD, PTSD, and related disorders.
- A step-by-step guide to finding a mental health professional who you feel comfortable working with
- Fitness 4Mind4Body: Diet and Nutrition
- The Exercise Effect
- A Comprehensive List of Digital Resources for Mental Health
- Nutritional Therapies for Mental Disorders
- Understanding Nutrition, Depression, and Mental Illness
- Physical Illness in People with Severe Mental Disorders
- Exercise and Mental Health: Many Reasons to Move
- Cannabinoids Promote Embryonic and Adult Hippocampus Neurogenesis and Produce Anxiolytic and antidepressant-like effects
- Antidepressant-like and Anxiolytic-like Effects of Cannabidiol: A Chemical Compound of Cannabis Sativa
- Translation Investigation of the Therapeutic Potential of Cannabidiol (CBD)
There is a lot to consider when starting cannabinoid therapy. A Realm of Caring care specialist is here to help with your questions. Contact us today by calling (719)347-5400 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Realm of Caring Foundation specifically invokes the first amendment rights of freedom of speech and of the press without prejudice. These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. the products discussed are not intended to diagnose, cure, prevent or treat any disease. Realm of Caring always recommends when and wherever possible that licensed local healthcare professionals be consulted.
The Realm of Caring Foundation is an independent nonprofit with its own governing board. We do not produce or sell cannabinoid products, nor do we receive funds from the sale of other company’s products.